1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Texas was once a nation and never ever forgets it. TV watching land may consider Texas a part of the "old West", but Texans know better.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Texas is practically a region. Isn't a member of the South, West, or Midwest.

And was once its own country.

Texan's pride goes beyond anything I've seen from other states.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From my fb:

Donald J. Trump, did you ever hear how good Obama was at drinking bleach? Unbeatable

Sea Bass and SnarkShark like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The national leader in state pride.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Southern heritage is more than that. Unfortunately, it's gotten co-opted and tarnished by the battle flag wavers.

When I think of southern heritage, I think of southern cooking, sweet tea, accents, bourbon. Faulkner and Grisham and Berry and Bragg. Sleeping porches on early late September nights. Dogwoods blooming. Seersucker. Mosquitoes so thick in the Delta you run from the car to the door as fast as you can. The blues.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Doesn't Texas even have its own pledge of allegiance students recite alongside the national version? It blew my mind when I learned that.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

It’s time for that to stop. It’s time to stop looking at the latest Trump statement in relation to how bad you think the alternative is on the Left, or how biased the media is, and instead to compare it to what we should actually expect from a president. In a country where 99 percent of the population is opposed to Nazis, it should be the easiest thing in the world for an American president to unite the country by appealing to our shared values. Only Trump could take one of the most uncontroversial ideas in American politics, the Indiana Jones Rule, and turn it into a wrenching national argument.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/16/donald-trump-needs-to-not-be-president-yesterday/

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think one of the biggest reasons that Trump is so anti-Obama is that Obama happened to be the president when Trump got a bug up his ass to make a run for the presidency, and to do so, you have to run against the previous guy's record.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh, no, Fucko got the bug up his ass to run BECAUSE the uppity mooslim neegro made fun of him at the WHCA dinner, and all those snooty journalists and Joos laughed.

11. Inky_Wretch

Well, that explains where Trump got his talking points.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, we have the equivalent of a sports fan who parrots sports radio in the White House.

cyclingwriter2, Stoney and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.