1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

All the facts

2. Della9250

3. Della9250

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Grateful Dead's version was better.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And to think I used to like you ....

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Totally true.

Only when reporters from the Times and the Post came in for the treatment did the main stream media become concerned.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have more than 500 versions of the Dead playing NFA in concert in my music library. At one point, I was getting obsessive about getting all of them.

HC likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I heard a good explainer on that a couple of days ago.

The CBO came out and said that if Trump blocks those payments on ACA patients, patient premiums would go up an average of 20%, 5% would live in areas where there was no insurance, and the deficit would go up by $200b.

The deal is that the subsidies which go directly to the patient are tied to the cost of the insurance as a percentage of their income. If insurance goes up, so do the payments that the government makes. So much for stopping the payments and letting it die on the vine.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's getting the best legal advice. The best.

Trump Lawyer Forwards Email Echoing Secessionist Rhetoric

Email was a meme that says "You cannot be against General Lee and be for General Washington, there literally is no difference between the two men." Describes how both saved America. Dowd forwarded it to a Homeland Security official, the WSJ and Fox News. Times got ahold of it and called him.

"You're sticking your nose in my personal email?" Mr. Dowd told the Times in a brief telephone interview. "People send me things. I forward them." He then hung up.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.