1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Charlottesville guy's mom ... she was clueless about "alt right" ... there are a lot of people out there with the barest smidgen of interest in current events .

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She'll get interested when they give her baby boy the needle.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The part about Globalism that some don't get is that it isn't just an economic thing, it's a major stabilizing force for peace.
    The US and China trade conundrum has been going on for 150 years. Our producers made the current "bed" by outsourcing production to the point that the US economy could grind to a halt without Chinese goods. Not just consumer goods, but a lot of the goods and materials that US companies depend upon to keep their factories and plants operating. In short, the US thought we were using China, but they were using us.
    It reminds me of Amazon's business plan. They started with books, because they were affordable and wouldn't break in shipment, but the main goal was to obtain shopper's info and get them comfortable buying goods on-line. It was an easy segue on to other products.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not that this board is representative, but I think it's accurate to say that the list of people who approve of Trump to this point is one name long.

5. Starman

No coincidence, since besides all his other sins Fucko has set out to destroy the profession of journalism.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's even that long.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

About 1 in 4 Americans would follow Trump to the end -- about the same share that totally rejects him

Asked if they could "think of anything that Trump could do, or fail to do, in his term as president that would make you disapprove of the job he is doing," about 60% of Trump supporters said no, according to a new nationwide poll released by Monmouth University in New Jersey. That's equivalent to about one-quarter of all Americans overall, given Trump's current level of support.

At the other end of the scale, most of those who disapprove of Trump said that they could not "think of anything Trump could do, other than resign, in his term as president that would make you approve of the job he is doing." They made up 28% of the total, just slightly larger than the 24% who said they would support Trump no matter what.

8. Starman

I'd support him if he'd take 1000 Tylenols.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know how this country continues to function.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Our great culture is being ripped apart.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Globalism isn't a geopolitical strategy by China.

12. Starman

Too bad Sherman didn't have the atomic bomb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.