1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

(Blue font) Those damned violent thugs. No sense of personal responsibility. Always trying to get away with stuff. No respect for the rule of law and order. (End blue font)

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's easy for a lot of us to forget or not realize how dumb as a box of rocks that a huge percentage of human beings actually are. The dumbest poster on this site, whoever that is, is a Rhodes Scholar compared to most people you would run into at your run-of-the-mill a gas station off America's highways and byways. That 60 percent figure seems shocking until you realize that most people are so fucking stupid that they can barely understand the question being asked in a poll like this. Honest to Christ, that's how goddamn dumb a large number of people are. I've done jury exercises where we present our case and then get to secretly listen in on the fake jury deliberating. It makes you want to cry. Hell, I often get stuck behind people at the gas station who can barely figure out how to buy cigarettes and gas on the same trip, and that's not an exaggeration. Or people at Chipotle trying to figure out how to order a burrito who might as well have been dropped into a graduate level engineering course at MIT.

4. Dick Whitman

He doesn't bother me. His support is tactical.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

you asked, I answered.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"Our beautiful statues."
    If you think monuments to treason are beautiful, you have a problem. If you think they are ours, you see yourself as president of the confederacy.
    Go pal around with Roy Moore.

7. Dick Whitman

Didn't Dave Matthews Band start in Charlottesville? Put up a bunch of statues of those guys.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This was on my FB feed when I woke up this morning. Kid Rock is selling them.

[​IMG]

The woman who posted it, I don't think she would strike anyone as stupid. She and her husband would fall more into that category of people featured in that movie about right-wing media, "The Brainwashing of My Dad." They're just in a fuck-you kind of mood since the last election and now they're clinging as hard as they can to this choice.

We're going to a BBQ with them in a couple of weeks. I haven't told my wife about their Facebook activity, or she wouldn't go.

YankeeFan and franticscribe like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not defending the dolt, but "beautiful" seems to be part of his lexicon for anything he likes.

Statues are beautiful, women are beautiful, roads and bridges are beautiful, the wall will be beautiful, that Big Mac is beautiful.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

IMG_1971.JPG

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figure the only thing Trump could do that would cost him his remaining support is propose gun control measures and call for a reversal of anti-abortion rights measures. Of course, he'd probably pick some support up if he did that.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As long as there's green space in front of the DMB statue for fans to play tribute games of hacky sack.

bigpern23, dixiehack and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.