1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use the example of having a hard time ordering at Chipotle as a sign of stupidity. I find the complaints of David Brooks about such things as equally stupid...just ask what that two-syllable word means instead of walking out of the store in a huff and be able to laugh at yourself. But those are culturally learned activities. Grow up in the sticks your entire life and suddenly Starbucks' asinine way of sizing its coffee can seem overwhelming. (It's the most dickish way those burnt-bean purveyors could ever brand a small, medium and large).

I don't think the country is stupid. I think the country is lazy and impatient, which makes it stupid.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

DMB is the perfect acronym for that band.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't bring myself to say "grande" or whatever other sizing they have. I'll say "medium," and they always shoot back with, "Grande?"

doctorquant and Hermes like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's 2017. People should know how Twitter works.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And this from our senior acronym correspondent.

JC and Big Circus like this.
  6. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

That's not so much a reflection on the shitshow unfolding before us. I presume the numbers were fairly similar during Pres. Obama's tenure.

Part of this is, for lack of a better term, confirmation bias. If you've publicly despised liberals and built your identity around conservative ideals, it's tough to ditch in mid stream. (The reverse is also through, though liberals are less timid about eating their own.)

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

She was pretty good in This is 40.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Expert opinion.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Give in man. Starbucks has been around for 20 years. You're stubbornness just annoys the low paid employees.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't do it any more than I can call my children "kiddos."

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Can we get your opinion on "furbabies"?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is someone trying to force you to do this??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.