1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I hate all kinds of cutesy corporate talk. It makes people sound like idiots.

Disney referring to employees as cast members is bad enough, but when Google employees refer to themselves as Googlers, I want to puke.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And here I thought "dickhead" was just their pet name for me.

There's three of them in my building. One of them is fairly new, one of the huge "reserve" stores (or whatever they're called, I can't keep that straight either). They're pretty slow still but nice as hell and most of them know me by now. I'll get to the register and they've punched in my usual order so I just scan my app and collect my points and my drink. Saves me from making a fool of myself trying to remember what's what with sizes.

But those times I go elsewhere?

Their new iced tea is pretty darn good. Venti all the way!!

3. Moderator1

That's a joke, right? Naw, I can believe it. We're on the same side of that one. Yakkkkkk

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If they wanted to hand me a Google-size paycheck while calling me "bitch boy", I'd put it on my business cards and muddle through for at least a few years.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Wow ,I didn't know my Starbucks take would resonate.

While we're at it, a complaint from the lead-up to my wedding...

"Hi! I'm your Bed, Bath & Beyond personal wedding consultant."

"Fuck you. You hold a gun and scan shit. I can do that. In fact, I already did it at Macy's, where they gave me the gun."

I'm done now.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

DaVita, the dialysis center, is really bad.

DaVita-ese: Our “Language”

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Moderator1

It's a big building, though I suppose that's misleading. The PATH and like 11 subway lines come into one station. There's a "mall" between the subway and the PATH (one there), another walkway to ANOTHER mall (one there) and then a walkway over the street to another office building (one there). I should have said I can get to three easily from my desk without going outside. Technically they're in two different buildings.

But yeah, those sumbitches are everywhere.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods, the DaVitas are opening everywhere. A CVS recently closed. There is a DaVita going in. There is already a DaVita one mile away.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Moddy - Order in advance on the app, pick it up at the end of the line. No waiting.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If you had the "Politics Thread" as the place where DaVita would independently get name-checked twice within a half-hour today, you win. Great odds on that bet, too.

dixiehack and Big Circus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.