1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am one of the very few who make my coffee for my wife and I every morning. In fact, I do it the night before, on timer.

I go to 7-11 three times a year.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Many sides. MANY sides.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not.

The New York Times wrote, as a straight news subhed, that he "defended white supremacists.

That is not a settled fact.

4. Dick Whitman

I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned, totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Is he wrong? Yes.

But he's not defending white supremacists.

He's just wrong about the makeup of the crowd.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He is doing what a lot of his buddies on the dark corners of the Internet do, drawing some kind of imaginary lines to separate the same group of knuckleheads into subgroups.

He also very much defended the white supremacists when he said they held a nice quiet rally Friday night (the one where they chanted "Jews will not replace us!") and did not start the violence Saturday.

I can say "I'm not defending Hunter Strickland" and then launch into 20 reasons Bryce Harper deserved it and should have walked to first base. Does that mean I'm not defending Hunter Strickland?

TowelWaver and dixiehack like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I wish DoubleDown was still here. You guys respected him on this stuff. You don't respect me. But he would have been 110 percent on my side here.

7. Dick Whitman

I still love this place. I just need to come to terms with the fact that it's not a journalism site any more.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess Rupert Murdoch is OK with his paper publishing that story about Trump's mob connections?

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary board.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump gets too much of his info from Fox News and not his own advisers.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess I want journalism to be more aggressive and call it what it is. He is defending white supremacists, regardless of whether he says he is.

The other side is to take the he-said she-said model, e.g. "some say man-made climate change is occurring, while others say it isn't. We'll never know for sure."

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's not a courtroom, either. :cool:

typefitter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.