1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

The guy has been famous for over 35 years. He's done business in New York, Hollywood, and around the world.

No one ever disassociated themself from Trump because they thought he was racist or anti-Semitic.

Banon too had a long business career, beginning at Goldman Sachs, and was never accused by anyone of such beliefs. (The one exception being his wife claiming, in divorce proceedings, that he didn't was his kids to go to a school that was too Jewish, or something similar.)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mobbed up, on the hand ...

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was correcting myself. ... to use the exact words he used rather than the "good" I put in my "eye roll" post, which was meant to be sacastic.

You are projecting. Nothing I said was personal or meant to be personal. You seem to the be the one taking this personally. Yes, good WAS my choice of word in the post you responded to. ... I was correcting it, since you keep trying to make a big deal about his actual words. I corrected it use his words: "very fine people." It wasn't meant to be a statement about you. ... yet, you took it that way.

Either way, you keep characterizing me. Telling me what I am doing (whether I think I am or not!). Telling me I am making speculative characterizations, when I haven't done anything of the sort.

You aren't addressing the mere fact (the point of my "the good Nazis / eye roll" response to someone) that the disphit spoke about the "very fine people" who were among the people at what was a neo-Nazi rally. Those WERE his "exact words." You responded to me with a post about what you think he was thinking when he was babbling. You may or may not be right. ... but I am not speculating about anything when I point out that the guy characterized some of the people who were at what we all know was a neo-nazi rally as "very fine people."

I pointed that out to you several times, because you kept trying to tell me I was putting words in his mouth. ... and you got frustrated with me, calling it an inane exchange.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Try building anything in New York, without dealing with the mob.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What did all those CEOs do this week?

melock, outofplace, dixiehack and 4 others like this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Say what now? What about the Central Park Five story?

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that, on what has been mourned as no longer being a journalism board, maybe it's no longer accepted as possible that someone in effect can do a thing without explicitly calling it that thing, and even while claiming to be doing the opposite. RIP, nuance and context, if that is so.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Say what you mean.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm already repeating myself as it is. I'm sure I'll be called out for it by the debate camp counselor.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Shit's getting ugly ...

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill, U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay and other top Missouri Democrats called Thursday for the resignation of fellow Democrat Maria Chappelle-Nadal, a state senator from University City, for posting a Facebook comment stating: "I hope Trump is assassinated!"

“I condemn it," McCaskill said in a brief emailed statement. "It's outrageous. And she should resign.”

"(C)alling for the assassination of the President is a federal crime," Clay, of St. Louis, noted in a statement in which he called Chappelle-Nadal "an embarrassment to our state." "She should resign immediately.”

In response to those and a growing list of other calls for her to step down, Chappelle-Nadal told the Post-Dispatch: "I am not resigning . . . What I said was wrong, but I am not going to stop talking about what led to that, which is the frustration and anger that many people across America are feeling right now."

The U.S. Secret Service has confirmed it is investigating her Facebook post.

McCaskill, Clay and others call for Mo senator to resign after post hoping for Trump's assassination

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.