1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She is responding to an imaginary post.

amraeder likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

You can't have a discussion without taking personal shots and name-calling.

Says way more about you than the person you are taking personal shots at.

It's low-rent.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Meh, there were some very fine people in the vicinity when she wrote that so it really just means she's angry and not serious or something.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who distance themselves from Trump over this? Did he lose the Apprentice because of it? Did Morning Joe stop having him on, and refuse to spend holidays at Mar a Lago?

If people in the media thought Trump was a racist or anti-Semite prior to his run for President, they had a funny way of showing it.

5. YankeeFan

I should have been ultra precise with my words. I meant prior to his run for President.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Cuck Alert.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

When you go to McDonald's do you insist on ordering a "large hamburger," or do you "buy in" to calling it a Big Mac?

Starbucks has five drink sizes. "Small", "medium" and "large" don't really work.

My son is a barista, and they get this all the time -- people who act like they're taking some kind of moral or ethical stand by refusing to use the name of the drink or the size. Frequently they then get pissed because they don't get the size they were expecting. You're not teaching anyone a lesson by intentionally being a pain in the ass. It's not clever. And if the barista responds to your "large coffee" with "Venti?", it probably because they're trying to figure out which large size you're too cool to ask for.

8. YankeeFan

This should be settled by letting Trump get one free punch.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You're trying to set up a dynamic where you can criticize someone's approach to posting and it's all about the integrity of the debate ("get with the debate"), but when someone does that to you or someone you want to defend (for the sport of it, I suppose), you call it a shot at their character. And when asked to point out when I attacked someone's character, you told me not to be obtuse, but you didn't give an example. My calling you the debate-camp counselor is a direct result of you wanting to have it both ways, but OK.

Congratulations on finding a place where in your mind you can set the rules. Just don't act hurt when someone calls you out on what you're doing and the power dynamic you're trying to ride.

Riptide likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Presicion is an akwired skill. But go for it!

11. Dick Whitman

My "criticism of someone's approach to posting" is that they should stick to the subject, not tack on or embed ad hominem attacks against the person they are having a discussion with.

Guilty as charged.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At theaters they have "real butter?" or "movie theater butter?" ... not sure which of those would be the Venti.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.