1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't usually get moved by, or respond to, photos or memes that get posted. But, wow, this one strikes me. It's captures, perfectly, exactly what I've been thinking about the past few days -- about how it is the very freedoms of this country that, I think, allow and give rise to much of the discord, and that have naturally attracted much of the violence, and many people with less-than-desirable world views.

The shining beacon is not just for the good, and those who are good and high-minded. It also allows for those who are not-so-good to, pretty much, say and do as they please, oftentimes with impunity under the guise of free speech and individual rights.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's no "under the guise of" about it ... these "not so good" people have free speech and individual rights.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What does claiming you have support from somebody who isn't even around say about you?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My God, that shit's still around?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Becky got ALL verklempt.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The left really is going to fuck this up, aren't they?

They should have just let Trump keep talking. Instead, they're going to make a hero out of him.

QYFW likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That wheezing fat fuck couldn't punch his way through wet toilet paper.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You presented a hypothetical situation that would never happen and you made up a large group's response. Congratulations, you now sound like YF.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

These are my sentiments, exactly. I think I've been in a Starbucks exactly three times in my life, so maybe that's not enough, but it has always felt like a snob-shop to me. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anybody would spend so much money, everyday, on drinking coffee.

And, speaking of coffee, for simple taste, McDonalds's is actually very good, and I'd take theirs over Starbucks any day.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know, I predicted this very response when I posted that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.