1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That article was a shitshow, but it still doesn't mean what you think it means. Neither do the five links you provided to support your claim regarding Schwarzenegger this morning, but you are still ducking that one.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is pretty significant -- a former two term VP urges Fucko to resign.

The bar on former veeps criticizing current POTUS has always been somewhat lower than presidents, but I'm pretty sure this is the first explicit call for resignation ever.

Al Gore tells Trump to 'resign' as he promotes documentary | Daily Mail Online

Walter Mondale is 89 and mostly retired, but also in contact with Al Franken, I believe; I'd guess he'd sign on to a statement urging Fucko to fuck
    off.

Now it's time for the big boys to join in.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but I'm loving this.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They miss him already:

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
    That's Beefeater Bannon.
    A guy who had national security clearance for eight months goes back to work for Breitbart.
    The old dog really does find its way back to the vomit.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Come on. Hillary's obviously.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kerouac?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's all a kabuki show.

Bannongate knocks Heather Heyer and Susan Bro off the top of the news sites for two or three cycles. Everybody seems to have forgotten about North Korea, Venezuela and Mueller.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No kidding. Sadly, it's not new.

As Coleman referenced in his letter, Harpootlian was not the only Democrat to reference Nazism in recent days.

Pat Lehman, a delegate from Kansas, invoked Hitler while criticizing the accuracy of Romney campaign talking points.

“It’s like Hitler said: If you’re going to tell a lie, tell a big lie, and if you tell it often enough and say it in a loud enough voice, some people are going to believe you,” Lehman told the Witchita Eagle.

And John Burton, the chairman of the California Democratic Party, compared Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.

"They lie and they don't care if people think they lie ... Joseph Goebbels — the big lie, you keep repeating it," Burton told KCBS radio. "That was Goebbels, the big lie."

Romney campaign tells Obama to 'rein in his supporters' on Nazi comments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.