1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Amen! (both sides)

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bannon's quote about the Trump Presidency not becoming what it could have become intrigued me. 1. I don't know what the "goal" was and what (okay I know what/who) stopped them and why they didn't work harder to keep Trump from being an impediment to the agenda. 2. What now? Just take orders from Congress and sign everything they put in front of him and hope things will smooth out? 3. Do they really feel the media and the "globalist" were responsible for messing up the agenda? That if the media just played nice and took notes without question like the friends on Fox everything would have been cool? 4. If so - why all the leaking from the West Wing?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not constructive to generalize about "Democrats" and "Republicans" or "the left" and "the right." It's what blows up these discussions. You end up fencing phantoms and windmills.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One took up arms against the nation on the side of oppressors. The other took arms against the nation on the side of the oppressed.

7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that argument is without merit. But I think the alternative is like a bizarro Mario Kart race where the winners always get kick-ass items and bitch because some of us think the guys in last place deserve more than green shells and banana peels (I might be reaching with that reference). At the risk of sounding like a college freshman who has totally figured the world out, the problem is pigeonholing all sorts of ideologies and philosophies into one of two parties. I gravitate to the party I believe to be best for society, just as I'm certain you do the same based on what you believe.

As it relates to this, I assume (and apologize if I'm mistaken) you think we're selling the disenfranchised short by holding their hands to their detriment, while I think it's the height of condescension to restrict voters because they don't know how to vote in their best interest, which is what voter suppression is to me.

QYFW likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I obviously don't think votes should be suppressed. My issue is that the Dems have worked the system to efficiently deliver dependence in exchange for votes. If the "help" is permanent, it's not help.

Democrats care very much about the vote. It's the voter they have significantly less interest in.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SHUT THE FUCK UP, DUDE. YOU ARE A FUCKING MENACE TO SOCIETY.
    Is that the name of the new Batman movie?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I disagree!

A menace to sj.com, sure. But every minute spent on here is a minute spent out of society. ;)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Those two off-topic comments in this post are good for society? You're funny.

12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I will raise you 0.1 percent. I guess I should have actually put it in blue.

Of course, lakefront could have looked at the link and seen that it was about a correction, which I think would've made the sarcasm pretty clear, before ripping the comment while proudly saying he didn't look at the link or care what it's about. Then again, these are odd times, so I won't judge too harshly.

[EDIT: My apologies, lakefront, I now see your gracious apology. I eagerly accept, and apologize myself for ladling out a bit more snark above before seeing it. Enjoy your Sunday, sir.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.