1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're generalizing again. I will bat around specifics like the wording of a New York Times headline all day and night. But I refuse to fight windmills.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why does Don Quixote suck now?

Sea Bass and dixiehack like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm asking for specifics.

I'm asking who Dems are embarrassed to be associated with.

I can't get an answer.

You can be a Democrat, and be anti-gay, anti-white, and misogynist, and still be the vice-mayor of Charlottesville, and NPR will interview you uncritically about white supremacists.

You can appear along side Antifa, or black separatists, and no one will disassociate from you. You can eject folks displaying a Star of David from a Dyke March, and still be a liberal in good standing.

You can have Angela Davis and Linda Sarsour headline your event, and the media will promote, and celebrate it.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They're all on the same side, right?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Dems."

7. YankeeFan

Do democrats want the votes of people who do not support gay marriage?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Another inconvenient truth for Trumpists and the people they support.

Attached Files:

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So a person making speeches about violence and sedition is now equivalent to actual violence and sedition?

Ok

Just to be clear, all the talk led to how many killed by Black Panthers over how many years? Tens over what, a decade? Two decades? Robert E. Lee led actual armies into actual battle against the United States where in one day, more than 11,500 U.S. soldiers (I know how much Republicans love the troops because they bash everyone over the heads with it every chance they can get and even make up chances for good measure) 11,500 US SOLDIERS were killed or wounded IN A SINGLE DAY. Not the entire war or over years and decades, a single day. That's before we count Gettysburg or Chancellorsville or Vicksburg or any of the other battles of the Civil War. Lee, for as great of a military man as he was, engaged in an act of treason that led to the deaths of thousands of US troops.

That is the equivalency you're going with here?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

I put as voting that you can stand along side members of the (New) Black Panthers and/or Angela Davis, and not be asked to leave the Democratic Party.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When Robert E. Lee refused command of the Union forces, it was the norm to say "the United States are" thus-and-such. For the last century or so, however, it's been the norm to say "the United States is" thus-and-such. This speaks pretty clearly to the idiocy of comparing Lee (and others of his era) to those of ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.