1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I was answering a general question about who is blaming who. I don't really know what he/she said. I am not interested in tit for tat. You use it because you think it makes you right, but don't you see that someone can come along with their own example and top you. So it is silly to try to up one another with our examples. It is a waste of time and surely you have, allegedly , more important things to do than that all fricken day long.
    Just know that one side is the aggressor, that's pretty clear. If people were not denied rights they would not have to be out there fighting for them. That is your bleepin answer.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn't listen to the interview, but if NPR didn't question Bellamy about of any his previous tweeting history, that's unfortunate. It's very public record, and, while he apologized for it, it was part of the discussion in the city.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rep. Ruben Gallego of Arizona is good.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Probably just forgot. :rolleyes:

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In NPR's defense, the local and regional stories didn't bother with Bellamy's role in the Charlottesville controversy either.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Personally, I want every vote available to turn out the current crop of idiot Republicans. That does not necessarily mean that I think the Dems running against them are all that much better, but the sooner Trump, Ryan, and McConnell are turned out the better. That means that I'll take anti-abortion votes, anti-gay marriage votes, votes from prejudiced crackers, whatever. That's my highest priority. The rest of that crap can get ironed out later.

Obviously, I have zero standing in the Democratic Party hierarchy, and those voters would take a take a lot of shit from within the party, even if it were their votes that got the ball into the end zone.

YF, what happens to Republicans who favor the ACA, gun control, and making bi-partisan compromises in order to get legislation passed? They'd get primaried to hell and back, stat. You're acting like this is a Democratic Party issue, when both parties are guilty as hell of the same sorts of mandatory orthodoxy.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is a wise priority, but you can't just say "hey anyone! vote for us!" because, unless the candidates reflect some kind of diversity on the social agenda, you won't attract new voters. But, if you don't produce ideologically pure candidates, Sanders snowflakes stay home because, hey, fuck the system.

The party has been, to some degree, hijacked by Twitter, protesters and millennials who don't compromise easy because they equate their ideology with their whole selves. Compromise is a denial of their personal truth.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

AP reporting 10 sailors on USS John McCain missing after a collision with a merchant ship.

The captain must have been watching the Diamondbacks game.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Somewhere, someone is smiling.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever EQUIVALENT! unless you have identical twins committing the exact same offense at the same time. There will always be something that sets them apart.

So stop using that to automatically dismiss any take that makes you uncomfortable.

YankeeFan and justgladtobehere like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.