1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

True. It's not as if he's bleeding badly from a face lift.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't believe a journalist is checking facts and calling people to verify information. So much better to just retweet something.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

QYFW

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They might be currently behind their projections, but when donors get word they're in the hole I'd be shocked if they don't get back to even by the end of their fiscal. Same thing happens to the charity of which I'm on the board. We have a big expenditure (HVAC system struck by lightning!), get the word out and donations flow. Given these charities likely have full-time fundraisers whose salaries include a commission, I'd wager a cold drink they'll recoup their Mar-A-Lago losses by the end of the year.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Should these charities help people who voted for Trump?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When have you ever heard a person who raises money for a non-profit say anything along the lines of "Our bottom line is great! Think I'll blow off work Friday and get a jump on beach traffic."?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I can't see below the fold on that page but that is self-serving nonsense if that is the only image on the cover.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What self-serving nonsense might look like.

Webster and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump's pep rally served two, and only two, purposes.

1.) He need led his damaged ego repaired after he fucked up everthing he touched this week. He feeds on applause.

2.) To make sure his base believes everything bad reported about Trump is a lie. And some really, really bad, news will break pretty soon.

All those self-proclaimed patriots who just hate the First Amendment. How inspiring.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks that front page tells the story of what happened is a worse journalist than @YankeeFan.

It's a photo editor's and A1 designer's wet dream, but it's not journalism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.