1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Any game that the University of Virginia plays in will not be a prestigious game. In fact, it ill be a dog of a game. Given the opportunity to announce another game a sportscaster should jump to get a new assignment.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

He was bashing the media for criticizing what he said, and then left out the part they were criticizing him for.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

God, people are the worst.

It was a funny meme. Anyone with a first-grade education got the joke. The smarty pantses trying to pick it apart as a mixed metaphor are idiots.

YankeeFan and QYFW like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I wish they would have used "single parents" instead of the sexist "single moms," but I found this article interesting. Anyone with a background in education and/or advocacy know anything about these accounts?

Put Parents in Charge of Education, Not Government

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the Jefferson Bowl has a much higher likelihood of an FCS-over-FBS "upset." It's probably a more interesting game.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't know which one to pick up first, Hillary's new book, or Joe's:

[​IMG]

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

#thebestpeople

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

For you it didn't.

For some, it did, independent of the media's reaction. Negation is a perception. You could give your spouse, for example, 12 compliments, but bury a notable critique right in the middle, and she may remember the critique and none of the good stuff. She - I'm not speaking of her specifically, but as an example - could, in fact, think you only said the 12 good things so you could plausibly say the one critique.

So it is with Trump. Some Americans believe what Trump really wanted to say that day was underlined by the "many sides" comment. The rest was just fluffy padding.

Webster, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This morning I saw the current wrangle between McConnell and Trump characterized as "The Tortoise vs. The Hair".

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.