1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gave him a chance.

[​IMG]

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As damning as that is, I'm stunned there are more than 35 percent who are still Trump Stans.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He always seems to retweet things from people like this. Wonder how he gets them. Maybe jr.
    upload_2017-8-24_13-45-35.jpeg

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When the hell did this nation get so aggressively anti-Semitic? I barely knew there were Jews when I was growing up.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's because of "Mad About You." Nobody could stand the idea of Paul Reiser putting it to the fabulous Helen Hunt.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It isn't just that Trump is trending downward, but as he descends, he's destroying the ladders. Is his plan to replace enough GOPers in the Senate and House that they'll finally do what he wants the way he wants? Does he think he can do that with his approval rating where it is? Do his supporters?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump's speech was good in the beginning, but then it went too far.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The more I read about it and think about it, I have no problem with ESPN's statements on the matter, and I tend to agree with those who have suggested that it was a no-win situation. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Something to get worked up about if you need something to get worked up about.

And, I know that if I worked at ESPN and wanted to embarrass my employer, if I were one of the "multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN," and I wanted the story broken and portrayed in the worst possible light, by someone who lives to stir the sh*t and thinks his own doesn't stink, and to make it virtually impossible for my employer to get out in front of the story, Clay Travis is precisely the person I would contact. So, well done, multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

Per Reliable Sources:

Here's what Robert Lee told local TV station WRGB in 2016 about the origin of his name: "My mom actually had no idea who Robert E. Lee was when she immigrated to the United States, I'm actually named after Robert Redford."

11. HanSenSE

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Loving the new level of liberal elite we've reached with this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.