1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

1991 was a long time ago. Really.

ESPN and ABC have made programming decisions in the last ten years that are, let's face it, unmistakably progressive, some of which have been beneficial, and some of which have not been.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Odd. Never thought of the Book of Job -- which, last I checked, was in the Ketuvim section of the Tanakh -- as a "helping of Jeezus."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's not my point. It was conventional to be patriotic at that time in 1991, and it is conventional to be more progressive on social issues in 2017. Disney sells pleasure to people in various forms. It is and must be acutely attuned to majority sentiment. Parents with young children are their primary market. Trumpers skew old.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I followed the Secretariat story pretty closely in 1973. There was never any indication that Penny Tweedy, Lucien Laurin, Ron Turcotte or the fuckin horse himself ever gave two shits about religion of any variety.

It would be like doing a movie about Joe Namath and having him say Our Fathers during the Super Bowl.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Disney presented a gay kiss in a children's cartoon TV show. It's pretty far from conservative.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That is so brilliant.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  7. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I live in a red state and come from a mostly conservative Christian family. The only person in my extended circle of family and friends who I know to have voted for Pres. Trump revealed that vote while offering me an (unsolicited and unnecessary) apology for having done so.

(Small sample size, etc.)

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I just can't imagine why this keeps happening to him.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If Clay keeps banging on this story for a while, maybe the FS1 shout show hosts who are making seven-figure paychecks will start beating Paw Patrol in the ratings.

dixiehack, Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Isn't it? I couldn't wait to post it. I wish I could claim it as my own.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hey, man, Paw Patrol is a good show.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm beholden to the classics:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.