1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Which cartoon was that?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

DOOCY: "A couple nights ago on television, he said he wondered whether or not the president was fit to be president, fit to serve. If James Clapper is watching right now, what’s your message to him?"

CONWAY: "It’s such an absurd analysis, playing armchair psychiatrist. It’s not just him. It’s a lot of people on TV. I remember — I’m old enough to remember when news stations reported the news. And didn’t just have a parade of pundits going out there and opinionating and rendering their opinions and pontificating and conjecturing. And I think it leads to analysis like this, because people end up with very little to say. They are not compelled. They are not forced. Nobody demands that they actually report facts and figures. ...

"You know, the media and other opinion figures — they were way too afraid of President Obama and his administration. They’re not afraid enough here."

Kellyanne Conway says journalists should be “forced” to report favorably on Trump

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A German magazine has depicted US President Donald Trump draped in an American flag giving a Nazi salute on its cover. The publication, based in Hamburg, opted for the controversial cover of Mr Trump doing the salute, which is illegal in Germany.

Stern magazine used the caption “Sein Kampf” along with the image which means “his struggle.”

The phrase is a play on words in reference to Adolf Hitler’s now infamous “mein kampf” slogan, meaning “my struggle”. The magazine was accompanied by the sub cation: “Neo Nazis, Ku Klux Klan, Racism: As Donald Trump stirs hate in America.”

German magazine depicts President Donald Trump giving Nazi salute on its cover

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Inky-
    Star vs. The Forces of Evil.
    Before I get jumped for this by the usual people, I don't have a problem with it - I am a classical liberal in the Jeffersonian vein.
    But let's not be fucking ridiculous and call Disney a conservative outfit. Maybe the Disney of my youth tracked a little to the right, but today's? Preposterous.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is a whole bunch of answer in search of a question. Not the question she was asked, of course. IOW, typical Kellyanne.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Hmm, never heard of it. But my 8-year-old somehow jumped from My Little Pony into Teen Titans Go. Along with reruns of Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've studied Elmo carefully for liberal messaging, after Hannity called him and Big Bird out for a clear bias.
    Hannity's out of his mind, of course. There's none to be found.
    I don't care for the message of Thomas the Tank Engine, but that's not a liberal thing - just an issue of a wimp who wants everything done for him.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People only care about Heather Heyer because she was white!

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Thomas has nothing on that bastard Calliou.

I Should Coco and HC like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So the greatest president in history, he who hath achieved more than any president in his first six months, has no FEMA director, no director of the National Hurricane Center and no NOAA director. And a hurricane that could dump 30 inches of rain on his people -- Texas -- is approaching.
    Somehow, I don't think his friends Jerry Falwell Jr. et al will describe this as a plague sent from God to punish evil. The turf is too red for that.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's got a FEMA director, though I couldn't tell you if he's a good one:

Trump's FEMA Director Faces His First Test

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.