1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I said this during the campaign, he had one moment that I thought was really funny because he made fun of his own self-serious image. During the debate, Hillary said something about him complaining about not winning an Emmy a few years ago for "The Apprentice." He deadpanned, "We had a great season," or something to that effect. It was the lightest moment I've ever seen from him.

BadgerBeer and YankeeFan like this.
  2. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Funny you guys mention it. I saw a clip last night from the campaign I'd never seen before, where he told the crowd something to the effect of 'being presidential is easy,' and proceeded to stroll back to his podium and somberly address the crowd with zero emotion on his face. I told my wife that I hated myself for thinking it, but that it struck me as incredibly funny and (gasp) likable.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump really missed his window for being a beloved President. 1996 to 2000, the guy would've killed it. He'd have been our Mascot In Chief, our Gulf War Hummer of a President. All photo ops and ribbon cuttings and unchallenged bombast on the world's stage. Plus, he still seemed to have some of his brain left at that point.

His hair was even more magnificent then. He wore all-white suits with white no-show socks and shoes I can only describe as whatever the fuck these things are.
    [​IMG]

His ample-assed pleated khakis WERE IN STYLE then. He may have been a creation of the 1970s and 1980s, but his time to shine was the boom of the 1990s.

Plus, what would YF have to complain about on here if Bill Clinton wasn't in office during those years?

That said, we did dodge the bullet of him being President on 9/11 because I'm pretty sure he would've blown up the world in retaliation.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I actually chuckled when he was playing truck driver. I know people ripped him for that but I actually thought he looked like a normal guy.

Hermes likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

But the upshot is, being presidential is not easy, so Trump is embarrassingly wrong in retrospect, and he's too stupid and foolish to realize it even now, and the country is paralyzed, and we've lost respect in the face of the world.

I don't find him likable at all. He's playing dangerous games for his own amusement.

HanSenSE and Johnny Dangerously like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The only thing Corker is wondering is should he run for re-election to the Senate, or become Governor. The choice is his.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Take your medicine.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Looks like Kool-Aid.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The poll said, "If these were the two candidates . . . "

No, it's not perfect (until there ARE two). But I think my point stands: Meeting with Putin did NOTHING to hurt her support, was not a scandal in France. There were no "Mon Dieu! Le Pen se rencontre avec Putin!" headlines. Russophobia is basically limited to America (and western Ukraine now).

Well, behind the scenes Macron has been far more amicable to Putin than any Western media would dare to report. They basically highlighted about 1 percent of his initial meeting with Putin and declared, "Aha! This is where Macron stands! Very good!"

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't know the specifics of that election but it appears as if she met with Putin in an open, public manner. If that is the case it seems very different from the Trump story with everyone "forgetting" that they met with Russians. I have no idea what actually was going down with Russia but the way Trump' s camp continues to react makes it appear as if they are afraid of something.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It didn't affect her numbers because she was never getting support from anybody not already in the junior fascists club. Her opponent had to make up a political party out of thin air to run with and he still boat raced her. She could have run against Pepe Le Pew and still lost.

UPChip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.