1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Unlike the statue/free speech response to Charlottesville, the reaction to Arpaio is not going to benefit him politically. Condemnation of the pardon has been uniformly bipartisan. Odd move, even for Trump.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that. He really isn't doing anything except for his base/cult.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pardoning Felon Joe was the warm-up act. Trump needed to loosen up before pardoning Manafort, Flynn, etc.

WCIBN, lakefront and dixiehack like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Surely you don't think Trump thinks that far ahead.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

The Weller might be clouding my thinking at this point.

6. doctorquant

Now that I'm on my clean-living kick I dominate Friday nights around here!

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

You didn't already!?!

8. doctorquant

Yeah, but now I'm doing it EMCC style. Buddy Stephens ain't got shit on me.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Robert Reich:

With this pardon, it's clear that Trump doesn’t care about the courts or the Constitution. Just as with his remarks last week in Charlottesville, he’s intent on dividing America for political gain.

This is yet another example of how far Trump will go to embolden hate in America for his own benefit. Shame on him. Shame on every one of us who doesn't do everything possible to lawfully remove this utter disgrace of a president.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  10. Inky_Wretch

I'm convinced Trump pardoned Felon Joe due to birtherism.

HanSenSE and franticscribe like this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As a favor to Putin he pardoned Julius Rosenberg and as a favor to David Duke he pardoned Byron de la Beckwith

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Really, you'll only find two groups who support Arpaio:

(a) People who know the Fox News bullshit version of Arpaio, which is "he's tough on crime!" and "he's only enforcing the immigration laws that are already on the books," and

(b) Cowardly politicians drafting off the support of group A.

He is, beyond any reasonable debate, a disgusting human being. He let hundreds of rape and molestation cases go uninvestigated so he could hassle people who looked latino. Literally, there are parents who reported that their two year old daughter was raped -- and they knew who did it -- but it went uninvestigated because those resources were shifted to raiding car washes. (Oddly enough, the largest chain of car washes in town wasn't raided by the sheriff's office once. The owner was a major Arpaio supporter. He was eventually raided by the feds... and almost every single employee was here illegally.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.