1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, Arpaio was made into a celebrity/hero by... the media, who loved his tent city jails and his pink uniforms.

They made him, just like they made Trump, and now that times have changed, they act like they don't know him, and have always been embarrassed and ashamed of his actions.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Revelations of specific atrocities, such as inmates held in tent cities so hot that the inmates' shoes melted, do tend to change the tenor. I, for one, do not feel sorry for this despicable human being, whom I have never liked.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck sakes.

What do you think of him? The person, the cop? Forget the boogie man media.

4. YankeeFan

Yeah. Yeah. He was a great guy when 20/20 was doing glowing profiles of him. He only went bad later.

How could they have possibly known?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And himself.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who are they?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nice of great conservative hero Joe Arpaio to spend taxpayer $ to get to the bottom of Obama's birth certificate. In Hawaii. Which is not in Maricopa County, Ariz.
    Now McCain weighs in with a rebuke of the Fuhrer. How long before said Fuhrer openly roots for cancer?

8. YankeeFan

He comes across as a media whore idiot to me. Always has.

The didn't know the extent of his evilness all along, because the media was busy making him into some kind of saint.

But I only ever even knew who he was because the media -- our wise gatekeepers -- bought his act, or at least they sold it to us.

9. YankeeFan

The producers and reporters who profiled him for years, and never looked beyond the PR driven headlines.

He gave them a dog and pony show, and they ate it up.

Why in the fuck do you or I know the sheriff of Maricopa county's name? Why have we known it for two decades? How many other out of state sheriffs can you name?

He was very media savvy, but he was also a media creation.

10. YankeeFan

The Fuhrer.

You really have gone off the deap end.

QYFW likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is, of course, disingenuous bullshit.

He remains a Fox News hero. Outside of that, the positive press ran out a hell of a long time ago.

His act was cute and fresh to the national media up to about 15 years ago. Since then the body count has been hard to ignore -- but Fox has dutifully ignored it.

And I know you're going to now go scrounging for links. Hey, maybe Clinton pardoned a racist too!

12. YankeeFan

I said he was a media creation, which you don't dispute.

20/20 and other network shows were doing glowing profiles of this guy when Sean Hannity was just a figment in Rupert Murdoch's imagination, and when O'Reilly was doing Inside Edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.