1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

East Coast elites gonna East Coast elite

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Ever actually been to Love Canal? I'd rather take my family to the beach at Three Mile Island. There's actually water there.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Memo to Vombatus: The "Love Canal" vacation is not what you think.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to pay $20 to watch people living next to toxic waste, they can see that in New Jersey.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you do, give me a yell. Within bullhorn distance.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound east coast elite at all. Sounds more like the kind of thing they'd drink in Gary.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now, I don’t care just what you do
    If you wanta have a picnic, that’s up t’ you
    But don’t tell me about it, I don’t wanta hear it
    ’Cause, see, I just lost all m’ picnic spirit
    Stay in m’ kitchen, have m’ own picnic . . .
    In the bathroom

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I dunno. I generally don't drink mixed cocktails unless a greyhound counts as one, but this seems like a fun concoction for this who partake in such things.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I like how they tout their "three class one rail lines." I guess Amazon could ship all the terrabytes out from Seattle in boxcars and Bezos can ride the Empire Builder home after the ribbon cutting.

12. Same here ...
    West Virginia dies for positive publicity. Folks here go Ga-ga over travel stories and puff pieces to escape the stereotypes and negative stuff. I did freelance work for a some big regional golf magazines. We have several high-end golf courses and entertainment venues that market to D.C., Columbus and Charlotte.

Anthony Bourdain spent a few days in W.Va last week and gushed about it on Twitter. He's now a state treasure.

I try not to take offense when people are surprised places like Gary Ind. might have a nice beach, or there are some pretty cool places to visit and eat in WV. If the Times wants to send its readers to WV - by way of elitist article - that's great. Bring cash. But please, check the attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.