1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How is it doing so? Is there someone the screen shot that I'm missing ?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There was a moment on CNN when they were complaining about the Trump news dump coming ahead of the hurricane. "There is a serious hurricane that we should be talking about and now we have to talk about Arpaio and Gorka..." (I thought - nobody is MAKING you talk about Arpaio and Gorka)

QYFW likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think this is YF's winking way of acknowledging Fox needs to slow its roll.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I have no earthly idea. I'm mocking it.

5. tapintoamerica

Got it.
    It is an interesting time to be alive, isn't it?

6. tapintoamerica

The truth hurts. They should blame their guy in the dump at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. But they can't very well do that.

7. YankeeFan

Wow. Wonder what this is all about.

[​IMG]

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whew. Trump gets to call it terrorism now.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

knife - four-foot sword, whatever.

Is it still terrorism if you are never afraid?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

we need more good guys with four-foot swords.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Lots of liberals upset with this today:

Lilla, who has expanded that article into his new, brief book, “The Once and Future Liberal: After Identity Politics,” insists that his is the pragmatic view: that in order to secure progress for overlooked and oppressed peoples—in order to advance a liberal economic, environmental, and social agenda—political power must be won, which means that elections must be won. At the moment, the Democratic Party—from elections for the White House to state legislatures—is failing. The Democrats, he says, were once the party of the working class; now the Democrats are largely a loose coalition of educated coastal élites and minorities. Why is it now possible to drive across the country for thousands of miles without hitting a blue state or county? How did the Democrats lose a decisive number of Obama voters to someone like Donald Trump? Lilla believes that identity politics is a central part of the answer.

When I read Lilla’s book and then talked with him for The New Yorker Radio Hour, I found much to disagree with, not least his cutting dismissals of “social-justice warriors” or movements like Black Lives Matter, which he sees as a “textbook example of how not to build solidarity.”

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.