1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Democrats, overall, have been too caught up in identity politics. Inarguable to me. But neither of you, nor Bannon, can begin to explain how "economic nationalism" (re-heated protectionism and isolationism) will help the middle class.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Holder should have never become AG if unworthy pardons are something we actually give a shit about.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Arguing "Holder should never have become AG" while we have a cracker-ass Klanner in the saddle is grimly hilarious.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently republican and conservative ethics and values align perfectly with Obama and Holder, and they justify every dumbass fucktard move trump makes by claiming Bill Hillary and or Obama did the same thing. Trump supporters are congenital liars, misanthropes and intellectually empty and developmentally disabled so they are wrong in their comparisons. But yet they deplore Clinton and Obamas alleged moves as they repeat them.

5. YankeeFan

Sessions told Trump to pound sand when Trump raised dropping the Arpaio case.

Holder, as deputy AG, steered through Rich's pardon, going around the usual process.

But you're ok with one, and not the other.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. YankeeFan

Trump's only playing the game by the rules written by Cinton and Obama.

I know it's unusual for Republicans to do this.

Get used to it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Marc Rich was a rich asshole billionaire who evaded taxes. You'd think that would make him a superhero for the right wing screech machine, who don't wanna pay no taxes for nuthin.'

Goddamn right he should have rotted in jail but in the end it's just rich people fighting over money.

People suffered and died at the hands of Arapaio. I get a little more worked up about that.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much of a role the AG has in a contempt prosecution. My experience with contempt is limited to state courts, and I acknowledge that federal courts can be a whole different ball of wax. But in state court, the prosecution is basically along for the ride in a contempt proceeding, which is really between the defendant and the court itself.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's a fuck You to America. The bitches are in control and they are going to fist fuck the country while robbing it blind.

But you are knowingly wrong, it's not unusual for republicans. They invented it. They have been doing this since Nixon thru Gingrich and to Cheney. Their media plays the bulkshit. It's Rush and Fox and Glenn and Sean. It's their game. Not Clinton and Obama.

So you're half right, tovarich

Riptide likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Two wrongs never make a right. Never cede the high ground. Be better.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In the entirety of American history, one thing has held true. If you wait for the white middle class to be comfortable before discussing rights for people not like them, that conversation (and expansion of rights) never takes place.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me.

Can we now officially cease being the moral arbiter to the world then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.