1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know it's fun to point out the hypocrisy of politicians, but in these instances, it is particularly gross to see people make flippant political points about this when people's lives are on the line.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You're a terrible person.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's a flippant political point. Another part of the country needed help and they didn't want the government to give it, showing their feelings on the matter with how they voted. You don't get absolved of that viewpoint when it's your area of the country that now needs the help.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I didn't see the people of Texas feel that way about the people devastated by Hurricane Sandy. What I did see was the people of Texas revel in their symbolic victory over the libertard northeast and Atlantic states by returning all those congressmen back to Washington to maintain their heartless stand.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yes, a disaster is a harsh thing to make political points on. I think that's the point being made. Cruz and Cornyn did just exactly that. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and it pinches something terrible. Rarely are hypocrites caught out so neatly, which makes it hard to pass it up.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

"While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers."

Now that's a lede.

At what point does the Right finally stop believing Trump's lies about his Russia ties?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. heyabbott

Emails. Benghazi. Emails.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Abortion is legal. Marijuana is becoming so in more and more states, as is legalized gaming. Gay marriage is the law across the country. Cities are passing Human Rights Ordinances, which Evangelicals fight tooth and nail, and rarely win. They can't even get topless bars closed in my neck of the woods, deep in the Bible Belt. If there is a culture war out there, the Bible-thumpers are getting their asses kicked.

10. Neutral Corner

Don't worry. Roy Moore is headed to the Senate to put all that nonsense right.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They've had more than enough proof. Only gonna happen if they think Trump will cost them reelection.

12. heyabbott

Moore will be Trumps VP in 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.