1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the non-related items that folks put into the bill make your blood boil?

A clean bill wouldn't have had opposition.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

In case anybody wants to review and decide for themselves:

Analysis of Selected Provisions in Hurricane Sandy Emergency Spending Proposals | Taxpayers for Common Sense

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Gouging" amid/after a natural disaster is one of those things that people simply don't want to deal with rationally.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nah. Certain people really shouldn't be sharing the same oxygen as the rest of us, and anyone saying that the mother of a dead kid has "ugliness that knows no bounds" while using the always condescending "I'll pray for you" certainly makes the list.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They just keep muttering "Gorsuch, Gorsuch, Gorsuch" as if it's an incantation to ward off the damage being done elsewhere.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This isn't meant to make light of the misery in Texas itself today. But knowing the clown brigade this country signed on for, how unsurprising would it be if Don Jr. and Eric were on a conference call this morning with Sberbank, arranging financing (with sweetheart terms) for their purchase of land in Houston for pennies on the dollar, which 6 or 7 years from now will have garish buildings with gold letters on their fronts and ostentatious fixtures inside?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah but we are still humans and I believe it is part of who we are, to fight with other groups. The more of us there are the worse it will get.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that you're going to see a different spin on it this time. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Congress hammers out a bill for Texas disaster money and then attaches it to the continuing budget bill that raises the spending cap. Send it to Trump's desk and see if he has the stones to veto that over his wall fantasy.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Some have said that reduction was due to legal abortion. Interesting theory.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not. The crime rates sloped hard downward in 1995.

The abortion theory is that crime rates over the decades would have been a little higher each year without abortion. I wonder. I think the lack of abortion may have forced us to look harder at poverty than we do.

Legal abortion has hardened our globe, no question about it. Once you're willing to end a life in the womb - for any reason - you're accepting the world will harden in sad ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.