1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A couple of reporters got roughed up too, but the collateral damage is worth it to some, right @RickStain?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

I love this take too.

We march with them. We share the same goals. We applaud them when they arrive at rallies.

But, for God's sake don't associate them, or their violence with Democrats, or even the left.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Terrible headline. Right-wing protestors are, by definition, violent. I read about it in Prolegomenon to the Definitive: The Paid-By-Mom Garage Apartment Years.

5. doctorquant

I wouldn't be surprised to read of some dipshit Congress-person attaching some "Save Our Heritage" preserve-the-monuments amendment to whatever Harvey-related appropriations act emerges. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go the other way -- with some amendment mandating the removal of Confederate monuments in the affected region -- either.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is that a picture from the Berkeley protests, or a file photo of Raiders fans fighting over a parking spot?

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

We need some centrist to propose shrouding all the monuments in black fabric. That should satisfy everyone.

Or, hell, let Christo wrap them in orange or pink and they'll turn into huge tourist attractions.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You see these weirdos in black show up at things and they're mostly there because they want to stir crap up - with police, with righties, with lefties, whomever. They have no agenda other than causing chaos. I'm guessing they're going by "antifa" now because it seems so much higher minded than being a simple anarchist. I don't think they're on any "side" but their own.

lakefront, Bronco77, HC and 2 others like this.
  9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for someone to make the case that Trump is good for America.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

No. Of course you don't.

11. doctorquant

I think the NEA grant cycle is over for this fiscal year.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My vote would be Comic-con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.