1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sater denied any collusion between Trump and Russia: “But was it really a conspiracy between Putin and Donald to get him elected? A little bit of a stretch.” He also refused to answer when asked the last time he had spoken with Trump.

Trump, likewise, has been highly evasive on the subject of Sater. “Felix Sater, boy, I have to even think about it,” Trump told the Associated Press in December 2015, referring questions about Sater to his staff. “I’m not that familiar with him
    .” In 2013, Trump walked away from a BBC interview when asked about Sater:

But Sater’s work on behalf of Trump continued through the campaign and beyond. Sater, the Washington Post reported last night, tried to set up a deal for Trump to build in Moscow in late 2015, and Trump’s company signed a letter of intent. (During the campaign, Trump denied any financial involvement with Russia: “I have nothing to do with Russia,” he told CBS Miami. “I don’t have any jobs in Russia. I’m all over the world but we’re not involved in Russia.” Like many of his claims on this and other subjects, he was lying.)

Felix Sater Is the Third Potential Channel of Trump Collusion With Russia

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Somebody with a musical bent really needs to make a Broadway show of this Presidency. Mel Brooks could probably do it justice, since it's kind of like The Producers, it has Nazis and there is room for more than a little politically incorrect humor.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    franticscribe and Vombatus like this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Just saw your replies in the notification box, sorry to be so late with this. So they presented him as colorful and controversial but did not tell the truth? Tghen what did they present? I really think it comes down to-generally speaking-people see the story and they think it's great he is tough on crime, they are bad hombres any way, as YF would. Or they see it and think he is a bastard who should not be treating people that way no matter what. (I don't have sympathy for all of them I just don't think its very productive) Believe me, I did not think of him as a colorful character. Any I think the point is whatever you thought of him may color the way you remember the stories.

5. lakefront

Maggie Habberman did state on twitter that the emails had been out before. It's not a ploy just because everyone does not make the disclaimer. There is a lot of info out there that the msm seems to take a while to catch up with or sometimes they don't get to it. It is hard to cover all things trump when you spend so much time on the "trivial" (name calling etc,) issues. my disclaimer-I don't watch the "evening news" so I don't know what the heck they are saying.

6. lakefront

I think he is the guy trump sent to babysit the kids on an earlier trip to Russia. He is not a "guy" as all talkers are now saying. The old "I hardly knew him" line trump always uses is as usual b.s. "career criminal and con man" describes trump and most of his friends and family.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Glenn Simpson would not tell Senate investigators who hired him to do opposition research on Trump, and the FBI doesn't wasn't to tell the Senate about their dealings with Steele.

When this investigation is done, it's going to bite Dems in the ass.

8. YankeeFan

God damn it, LA Times, they're not left wingers! They have a completely separate ideology.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, when you have a POTUS who on several occasions has urged crowds to take law into their own hands, there are going to be increased incidences of violence. That's what we're seeing.

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Here's my question:

If the vast majority of the folks in Berkeley were peaceful, condemn violence, and do not wish to be associated with the violent actions of Antifa, then why didn't the 4,000 good people there, prevent the 100 trouble makers from committing violence?

They were outnumbered 40-1 by good people, and they self identify by the way they dress, yet violence still couldn't be avoided?

Doesn't sound to me like the good people tried very hard to prevent violence.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not their job to protect fucking Nazis and racists.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see somebody whose mental states only seem to include disinterested, narcissistic and wrathful handles being the consoler-in-chief today in Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.