1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The broad brush is your go-to tool nine times out of ten, and most of those posts are not regarding antifa.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am guessing he may bring up the shark on the highway that he saw on Fox News yesterday.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Cajun Navy did invade us.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is assault unwanted violence? Yes.

Terror??? Really? When was the last time they committed any act of terror? Bombing? Shot innocents in, oh movie theater/church/school/dance club with a firearm?
    Intentionally drove a truck into a crowd to kill an innocent (Heather Heyer)???

I love these examples you throw out, in your case, there are millions of acts of "terror" every day on school yards where people get physically roughed up. Try again.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And then he explicitly switched the discussion to "not everyone who is around them."

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Honest question: Antifa has also been attacking journalists at these events. I can count at least four since Charlottesville. How do many of the journalists on this board feel about that? And to jump ahead of the curve, I am decidedly anti nazi and do not condone their violence in any way. I have seen some, though, defending Antifa violence against the media. Thoughts ?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm ok with this portion of the violence.

(I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Jesus, get a sense of humor.)

Vombatus and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The idea that the anarchists are the "enforcers" of the left being pushed by some is laughable. These people are punks who seek out confrontation wherever they can find it. They like infiltrating large demonstrations because it gives them cover.

Deskgrunt50 and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Links?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's violence as a means of achieving their political goals. That's pretty much the definition of terrorism.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Asheville: Mayor responds to Va. riots; man charged in incident with reporter

Charlottesville: Journalist alleges she was punched in the face in Charlottesville and this one with more details 2 journalists allegedly assaulted by Charlottesville counter-protesters and this with even more details: Reporter punched in face during Charlottesville rally

Richmond: CBS 6 journalist attacked during Richmond protest

Berkeley: Scattered Violence Erupts At Large, Left-Wing Berkeley Rally

Notice, I went with traditional media stories and not the frenzied right wing screech machine reports....

so, again, journalists, what are your thoughts? Is this an example of trying to silence the media or as some have put it "antifa, protecting themselves."

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.