1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess that's one way to put it.

Jessica Hahn (born July 7, 1959) is an American model and actress. She accused televangelist Jim Bakker of rape while she was employed as a church secretary.

Jessica Hahn - Wikipedia

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Is that Jim Bakker thing edited or is that a straight broadcast...WTF?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have a feeling with everything else going on this week, this story is going to get overlooked, but I'm really curious to see where this goes. Have to believe Palin is going to appeal and it will be interesting to see where it goes. If Palin eventually wins on appeal and then some how wins the lawsuit and subsequent appeals, I'm afraid what precedent that sets for journalism. Will a fear of making an honest mistake mean journos no longer take risks to go after the powerful and corrupt?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ahem.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, heavily edited. Everything Is Terrible takes found old VHS tapes and weird programming and does these types of videos.

But the buckets full of cheezy potato soup for the apocalypse are real. Oh so real.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Entirely the idea.

lakefront likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As the dismissal indicates, the odds of that are vanishingly long.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm just scared of Palin taking this all the way to the Supreme Court and having it overturned based on the makeup of the current court.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've got faith that the current SC is not going to change the NYT precedent.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Supreme Court majority, right-wing though it may be, is also blinkered by its institutional mindset. It values respectability very much, since it considers itself an august institution (all of them, from Ginsberg to Thomas feel that way). The Times is eminently respectable. Sarah Palin is not.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... never mind that a decision in favor of Palin would be completely at odds philosophically with Roberts et al.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

meh Brooks came close

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.