1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As he became more religious, he became more radical.

Ahmed's father and brother, who declined to give their names, told NBC 4 New York they were "in shock" and had seen no signs of anything untoward.

"He got religious in the last year. Not radical, just religious," his brother said "He said ISIS was bad just a few months ago."

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's deflection day.

Riptide and HanSenSE like this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The only good thing I can say about Clinton's presidency was that he wasn't as much of a fuck-up as GWB.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Bad dad!

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm supposed to make a legal case that having a bad father can be scarring but that seems... obvious? It doesn't mean it's always true, and I'm sure that sometimes an absent father is preferable to a present but bad one. But the idea that parenting, either by practice or example, has an effect on the child is fairly well grounded in the entire history of human civilization. I mean, if it's not, that comes as a huge relief, because then I don't have to worry about helping my kids become good grownups anymore.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Never forget that the bedrock of Republican strategy is to have as few people voting as possible.

Indiana Kicks Voters Off the Rolls and Isn’t Telling Them

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

two more presidents with some serious fatherhood issues....Clinton's dad was out of the picture....Bush's father was a president...that has to be hard to live up to. ..unless you do a lot of cocaine and then everything is peachy.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's your solution to everything.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

worked for Betty Ford, whose husband's dad ran out on them as well.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting thinking about fathers of Presidents. Ford was adopted, Reagan's was an alcoholic who died at 57 in 41, Clinton and Obama's were out of the picture/also alcoholics...
    I've never heard much about Trump's mom.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I don't know if any of you saw the just-completed presser with Houston mayor Sylvester Turner. I damn well hope someone who has Trump's ear was paying VERY close attention. Turner spoke the truth about what will be required, and made it clear that it has been the feds (Corps of Engineers) who have dropped the ball for many years by trying to patch things on the cheap.

And when he said that in a couple weeks people will be wanting action... listen reallllll close, Donny. Get it done. Or kiss your presidency goodbye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.