1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The current president's only campaign platform was unabashed hate and assholery.

This is what happens next.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right? The man was elected by large margins twice and had an approval rating of 59 pct. when he left office.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of that commercialization either, but the 45 folks have been doing that even during the election cycle. And it was a clue that helped me think Trump could win. Why?

All those yard signs and big 4' x 8' signs were not given out for free like most every major campaign in recent history - they were SOLD. I think the yard signs were like ten bucks and the 4x8s were $250

That told me that not only were people going to vote for him, they were buying in.

What remains to be seen is if the hate and narratives turn out to carry the day in 2020, or is there a silent majority quietly sitting back, pissed at all this negativity, ready to fuck up more polling data, and double down for another four years.

I'm thinking the latter. And then heads really will explode, and Trump can paint AF-1 and Marine One to look like this:

[​IMG]

4. Vombatus

Good point. I don't believe polls anymore though.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Only those predisposed to hate Obama could hate Obama. There was nothing about his personal behavior that ever invited hate.

If you did hate him, then that may say more about you than him.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is no silent majority. Trump did not improve on typical GOP vote share in recent elections.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is hilarious.

8. Vombatus

I didnt say I hated him. Lots of crap I didn't like, starting right out of the gate by accepting that stupid Nobel Prize, which he should have respectfully declined and said get back to me in 4 or 8 years and see if I've earned it.

A lot of the anti-Trump stuff sure seems like hate to me. And from a Secret Service standpoint, he's probably much higher risk to guard. I mean, people are getting completely unhinged, and of course, his Presidency-In-Training doesn't help one iota.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wish I could have found a longer version of that focus group clip I posted last night. There was a Trump voter (named Tony!) who said something like "I wish he believed the opposite of everything I believe in. It would be better for my side."

lakefront likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He has picked fights with a vast majority of this country's population, all because they had the gall to refuse to swallow the incoherent bullshit he spews on a daily basis.

So, cry me a river for poor Donald.

dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.