1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this:

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ha, our office is across the street from a Kum & Go. They are gas stations. They also sell t-shirts, hats, etc. (How the hell have I never thought to include that in a Secret Santa package?? I guess you just get used to it.)

They're honestly probably the highest quality chain of gas stations in the area, but they're nothing special. Just clean, well stocked and 24/7. The one across the street shares a building with a Subway that employed a woman who spent a few years in jail for killing her two kids. The Subway workers also sometimes pull the bread for your sandwich out of a bucket sitting on the floor.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

A few years?!?

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Two years. She left her kids in one running car and went and had sex with her boyfriend in another car.

We didn't realize who she was or that she was working nearby (the deaths took place in the region, but not locally.) TV news tracked her down, though, and billed it as "mother who killed her children now working at a Bumblefuck sandwich shop!" We were all ready to play detective and figure out which sandwich shop, then she popped on the screen for her interview and she was wearing a nametag, a hat and a shirt that said "SUBWAY" and she was standing out in front of the restaurant.

So, we thought that was pretty funny ... uh, not the children part. The Subway promotion part.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Texas is heeling. Now he just needs to get the rest of the country to heel.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Some people believe that constantly being in a tit-fot-tat with a country possessing 8,000 nuclear weapons is against our best interests.

Some people believe constantly threatening the security of a nation possessing 8,000 nuclear weapons by NATO expansion on its borders and other European and Middle East meddling is against our best interests.

Some people believe that sanctions are nothing more than attitude in place of real policy, and that real policy is a better alternative.

Some people believe working WITH a country possessing 8,000 nuclear weapons is a better alternative than working AGAINST them. Especially when the "against" part really has nothing to do with "American interests" (Syria, Ukraine) but simply is taking the opposite side just because, well, that's what we always do (see Afghanistan, 80s).

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

One of the cashiers at my local gas station did two years for manslaughter in her son's death. Left her kids unsupervised with a loaded pistol in her closet. Kids were playing with it and the 12 year old killed the 9 year old.

She seems nice enough and I sort of feel bad for her every time I see her in there. The two surviving kids got moved to foster care. She worked there before going to prison and the owner re-hired her when she got out. Compared to most felons, I suppose she's lucky in that regard. But I can't imagine living with the pain of losing all of your kids, one to a gunshot, because you were to stupid to lock up your guns.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure where to post this. But just an observation. The BLS just put the monthly jobs number out. I have posted before what a BS number this is (they don't actually count jobs. They make up shit and then adjust it using random criteria), even though it is widely watched by markets -- not because it tells anything about the economy itself (it doesn't), but because people try to read the tea leaves of whether the Fed will remain perpetually dovish, which is all that has driven asset prices higher. The game is, "Is the party still on, or are they going to take away the booze."

Anyhow, this month they come in with a weaker number than the numbers everyone got exited about the last two months, and they revised both of those last 2 months down (making all the excitement at the time the usual farce).

Here is the thing, though. ... I opened up their release (nobody ever looks, they just report a stupid headline number) and one of the first things I noticed was that among the downward revisions tfrom July and August was government hiring! i.e. -- the government can't even accurately count government hiring (if you believe the nonsensical numbers they make up, in the first place). How perfect is that?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remember when one of his original excuses for firing Comey was that he was too rough on Clinton? That's ok, neither does Trump.

#lookoverthere

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Then brought up a nothingburger right before the election, helping Trump win.

You falsely claimed that Democrats were flip-flopping on Comey, but you are absolutely doing it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.