1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd wager folding money that if a simple piece of legislation came before Congress to make DACA actual law, there'd be more than enough legislators to pass it such that the threat of a veto would be moot. I'd also wager folding money that such a piece of legislation would never be proposed because both lefties and righties would not be satisfied with just that ...

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Interesting that Ryan said DACA was Congress's domain this morning. It's possible you might lose the second bet. Possible, mind you, not likely.

4. doctorquant

I'm told the prophylactic to running afoul of board norms is to add a :cool: to any possibly troubling post.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Like its cousin "die in a fire," "seek help" posts are acceptable here, since the de facto board president also has been known to drop that particular mic, that is when he's not busy calling posters "stupid."

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Riptide likes this.
  6. doctorquant

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 12.18.59 PM.png

Paul Ryan contemplating returning to Trump's Washington:

"I was in the Virgin Islands. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Seek help.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, the president of Syria has allowed Russia to put military bases in Syria.

Why do we always forget that part? You know, about who really has the right to "allow" or "not allow" things into their own country?

Russia did not make a single move toward Ukraine UNTIL the Western-supported coup. In fact, it had offered Ukraine a trade agreement that was worth billions more than what the EU offered (which was why Yanukovich would not say yes to the EU; he was just too damn weak to give them a definitive "NO"). Ukraine was NEVER under threat to be "subsumed by Russia." But the fact is, the nations ARE forever linked (in culture, religion, language, families), and the attempt by the West to drive a wedge between them is the most reckless act we could have done. You are literally pitting family member against family member (with my house as example 1A).

As to the rest of your post, Russia has made no move on the Baltic States, no move on Poland, no move on Hungary, no move toward any of the previous Warsaw Pact nations. Putin has been in power for 17 years! If he really had all this nonsense in mind that you claim he does . . . what's taking him so damn long?

And along those lines, it's funny how "wanting the Warsaw Pact together" is evil, but NATO expansion is fine and dandy. Are you really ready to go to war over Montenegro? Then why bring them into NATO?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.