1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But coal miners!

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yes he does. You don't have to put a gadget like that on top of a missile.

Just put it in a CONEX box (container) along with hundreds of other boxes, then sail the container ship into an American port. NYC, Norfolk, LA, San Diego, etc.

Tick tock.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've made this point before, but the US and other countries pay a great deal of attention to any ship that leaves North Korea, which relatively few do.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Go on. Tell us what you'd really like to see.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes, that's my takeaway, because I've also been told that ending DACA will cause my cholesterol to explode, and I think that was more headline-worthy.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So a DACA recipient died in Houston as a volunteer rescue worker. Border Patrol refused to give his mother in Mexico a visa to enter the country to bury him. I don't care what sophistry people on this board come up with. Trump is an evil bigot, and those who support him are either bigots themselves or even sicker, people who get off on how their political opponents dislike acts of bigotry.

OscarMadison and RickStain like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She's running!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you know what The Associated Press is, right?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah. The organization that sends way too many bland "pitcher throwing the ball in the first inning" photos when you're trying to make baseball your centerpiece.

UPChip likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Of course there are illegal immigrants who commit crimes, and of course, no one would advocate that they be allowed to stay in the country. What percentage, I have no idea.

But to qualify for DACA, you can't have a criminal record. 100 percent of them have never committed a crime. So this particular move isn't about preventing crime.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

To qualify for DACA, you have to be documented by the government. There is a fear -- certainly real -- that doing away with it would just promote more illegal immigration. Sort of the back-alley abortion theory of immigration but not nearly as stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.