1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Most non-brownskin-fearing Americans would say that going to school, staying out of trouble, working crappy jobs no one else wants, enjoying family life, and being quality members of a community =being "on a path to citizenship."

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

DACA isn't legislation.

It's not even an executive order. It was created by a memo from the head of Homeland Security.

3. YankeeFan

But they are quite literally not on a path to citizenship under DACA. They are just not facing deportation temporarily, while also being allowed to work.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Congress isn't gonna do squat about this, because a majority of Republican members either share the beliefs of the significant percentage of their voters who're racists or are too afraid of said voters to act. They'll go on TV and be sad and concerned and that's it.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've asked @doctorquant and now I'll ask you, because I honestly don't know: What's that called? How do you refer to something like that?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, we can test this by seeing if illegal immigration has shot up.

8. YankeeFan

Who wants to tell him:

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

That's the thing, it's just a policy/program instituted by the DHS.

10. lakefront

I always think of an Archie Bunker quote. They were debating gun control and how many people are killed by guns. He said "Would it make you feel any better little goil, (Gloria) if the were thrown out of a window"?

I don't have any idea about the numbers, people can present their own. I also think that people are afraid to report crimes when they are undocumented, so I think there may be more crimes than we think, especially those committed against "each other".
    If any one commits a crime they should be dealt with illegal or not, white or blue collar, male or female. We always have exceptions to that and it should be discussed but we have to be careful to not use those examples as a determining factor.

11. lakefront

A distraction, and the media will oblige. (russia)

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

DACA is a policy of a priori prosecutorial discretion (technically a removal of discretion) ... it is an instance of a President willfully shirking the Constitution's "shall take care" clause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.