1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kneel before Vlad.

2. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It's a policy. Like the Monroe Doctrine.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Being old enough to remember Watergate, that is the way the two Special Counsels's investigations went as well. The big noise was the Senate hearings and things Nixon did like the Saturday Night Massacre and releasing the expletive deleted edited transcripts of the tapes. Ken Starr's investigation leaked like a sieve, but Mueller hasn't. Some law enforcement types are publicity hounds, others shun attention. Mueller is the latter.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Something tells me Trump is thinking, why do we need DACA when we're going to have the greatest wall?

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

The DREAM act was initially introduced in 2001. House passed it in late 2010, Senate fillibustered it, Dems haven't had a majority in the house since. I understand the constitutional concerns, but it doesn't seem like an accurate reflection of reality to act like King Obama decreed it thus without first attempting in good faith to pass it as legislation.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He and the Dems had two years to pass whatever they wanted ... I think it is absolutely fair to ask, if it was such a moral imperative, and your opposition is so evil with respect to it, why didn't you do something when that opposition was of little consequence? And the answer, I believe, is that he and the Dems weren't nearly as pure of heart as their sj.com acolytes would have us believe.

Spend a little political capital and "do the right thing?" Meh, we'll see. Engage in a little procedural chicanery in pursuit of some partisan moralizing? Oh hell yes.

QYFW and SpeedTchr like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So does that mean we can laugh at Republicans forever for not making 2017 one giant libertarian bro jerkoff fantasy?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As someone who leans conservative and generally votes Republican, yes. The past year has been both a tremendous triumph and the biggest disaster imaginable for the Republican party. Calling it a clusterfuck is an insult to clusterfucks throughout history.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I suspect that you, like the rest of the acolyte corps, are aware of how not "of one mind" the Republican caucus is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.