1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

From what I remember, there was some stuff going down in 2009 that kinda knocked everything else on the priority list down a peg. Maybe the time and public will was sufficient to do health care AND immigration as well as solving a global financial crisis. Personally, I would've done immigration first, but judging by the rate at which the current regime has gotten shit done over its first eight months, I'm not sure yours is an entirely objective memory of the reality on the ground in 2009-10.

dixiehack, BadgerBeer and X-Hack like this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is that so, Starman?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Michael, there is no reporting that suggests she applied for a visa. None. Not even her own words suggest it.

I'm not sure why you won't admit this. Words matter. Reporting matters. Facts matter.

This isn't a case of he said/she said where we have to weigh the credibility of each side. There is no side that claims she applied for a visa.

This is stupid.

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

Am I wrong?

I'm not sure why the coffee machine repairman should have to point out to the journalists that Scooter Libby never received a pardon or that this guy's mom never applied for a visa.

Honestly, the disregard some folks here have for the facts makes me really wonder about the state of journalism. Sure, this stuff is off the seat of your pants and the top of your head, but when it's pointed out that what was posted doesn't match the facts, people act like you're being a sick for pointing it out, and insist they're overall point is right, and that it matters more than the underlying facts.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If an Obama administration agency had made a claim YF and Q didn't care for, they'd be here yelling "fake news." I have no idea whether the agency of the grieving mom is in the right here. But I know that under Trump, the US government must be assumed to be lying until its claims are verified by a reputable third party.

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Obviously you all should have offered the job to an American instead. Sheesh.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not shitting you ... I was pushing for the Iranian.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up what you know about this particular incident.

11. YankeeFan

OK. You've lost it. You're not even listening to reason.

12. YankeeFan

Yeah. And this has been ignored, right?

Is the proper response for the media to lie? Is that what we should encourage?

Look, I'm all for the media further discrediting itself. The media is the marketing arm of the Democratic Party. The product they are marketing sis shit. But, rather than improving the product, they are still trying to tell us how great it is, and how it's so much better than the competition.

This will result in Trump getting re-elected. Please continue to encourage such behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.