1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Soooo much winning.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Didn't we used to call this "triangulation"?

And, wasn't it hailed as a genius strategy, that saved a presidency, and helped it to win a second term?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Surprising, you sound just like Trump.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What's your PhD in?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you disagree with this?

The DACA program was implemented in 2012 and essentially provided a legal status for recipients for a renewable two-year term, work authorization and other benefits, including participation in the social security program, to 800,000 mostly-adult illegal aliens.

This policy was implemented unilaterally to great controversy and legal concern after Congress rejected legislative proposals to extend similar benefits on numerous occasions to this same group of illegal aliens.

In other words, the executive branch, through DACA, deliberately sought to achieve what the legislative branch specifically refused to authorize on multiple occasions. Such an open-ended circumvention of immigration laws was an unconstitutional exercise of authority by the Executive Branch.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Unless it's of the magnitude "like the world has never seen" I'm not interested.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Journalism

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You said the problem is DACA, not Trump. Classic non-responsibility, deflection.

Once again, what's your justification for the wall?

Give me a justification for demonizing illegal immigrants.

Here are my facts that I invite you to refute:

Illegal immigrants pay more in taxes per $1 earned than legal citizens/immigrants;

Illegal immigrants use less tax dollars than legal citizens/immigrants;

Illegal immigrants as a % commit less crimes than legal citizens/immigrants.

Yeah, they're the reason the homeless are homeless. NOT.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Great. The problem is that she has already undone in 7 months whatever good she did in the prior capacity. Her confidants are disproportionately charter and religious school zealots, and her goal is to turn allegedly public education into a pulpit for her specific religious beliefs.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If you want to end illegal immigration, stop hiring illegal immigrants.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But that might cut into corporate profits!!!

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, seriously. You have a PhD, right? I'm just wondering what subject. Because I probably know just as much as you about it, right? That you spent 1,000 years on your education is probably the equivalent of what I've picked by noodling online. I was talking to my doctor the other day (you know, a real doctor), and I was like, I'm not sure you're right about that. I've watched a lot of House.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.