1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He has his PhD in some area of economics, and you actually argue with him about it every single week.

2. Dick Whitman

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not really. I did doctoral qualifying comps in Industrial Organization (economics), though, and my research work still leans heavily on that (and related) literature.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Joe Lhota won the Republican primary for mayor last time around with 32,000 votes. ... in a city with 8.5 million people. There is no Republican party in NYC for all intents and purposes. The only time the Republican party ever plays a part in the mayoral race is when someone with the money and support
    wants to mount a challenge to the Democratic machine, and they use the Republican slot on the ballot for presence. For example, Giuliani was on the ballot as the Liberal Party candidate and the Republican Party candidate in the 1990s. Effectively, though, his candidacies were about him, not about a party. It was him versus whoever the Democrats were going with.

6. Dick Whitman

I guess he doesn't defer to MBAs, only doctorates.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If you consider Zuckerberg as a composite character, the movie will age just fine.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. doctorquant

Oh, I have a PhD ... just not one in economics.

9. Dick Whitman

Understood.

I'm just saying I haven't seen him defer to your business expertise, which is surprising. He must have a very nuanced stance on this.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

QYFW likes this.
  11. doctorquant

The thing about DeVos and her hopscotch (very nice, BTW) is that a Sainted One of recent vintage had a SecEd who'd never darkened the door of a public school as a student and had nary a smidgen of formal training in education ... and I never heard boo about it.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Some people just intuitively know more than the rest of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.