1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I would ask if you are drunk, but even heavy imbibing can't make someone this stupid. Get a grip, and then point out what was racist about the piece at the posted link.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This one's for YF. (Anything from Chelsea yet?)

Statement from President Bill Clinton:

DACA has brought hundreds of thousands of young people out of the shadows – allowing them to live without fear, go to school, work, and contribute to America in countless other ways. These young people's dreams are part of the American Dream. And they make it more real for all of us. Today’s decision by the White House to terminate DACA – and that is effectively what it attempts to do – will crush their dreams and weaken the American Dream for the rest of us.

It’s wrong because it’s bad policy that solves no pressing problem and raises new ones. It’s wrong because it’s irresponsible, passing the buck instead of offering sensible solutions for immigration reform. Most of all, it’s wrong because it’s cruel to send these young people to places many of them have never lived and do not know. For them this is home. The United States is their home.

Instead of punishing them, we should find ways to openly embrace them and to empower them to make their own contributions, as previous generations of immigrants have done.

Congress should act immediately to protect their status and pave the way for their future and America's future.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I can't remember one time where I've thought, "You know, I'm really glad I read that meme. It really enlightened me."

poindexter, Deskgrunt50 and QYFW like this.
  4. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

They're like the picture versions of 'So and So EVISCERATES Liberal Douche/Conservative Prick' videos.

heyabbott and Johnny Dangerously like this.
  5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Man, we could solve any global energy crisis if we could harness the energy spent here on whether someone's comments or opinions are in response to a specific post (imaginary or otherwise) instead of, you know, comments and opinions. It's not always about you. It's not always about anyone on this board.

Please do not respond to this post. You've imagined it.
    Goodness, I hate those. And of course, usually you find out that in the same segment, depending upon who is posting, the person who EVISCERATED the other was seen by others as having been DESTROYED by that same person.

service_gamer likes this.
  6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I believe in Cher after DACA.

Hermes likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And thats why Sean Hannity is the most powerful and successful journalist in mass media today.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This book is going to be the gift that just keeps on giving.

She complains about both Obama and Uncle Joe. She doesn't get why people don't like her, but it's probably because she's a woman.

And, her whole world changed while she took a nap. LOL.

And she wonders aloud why, after terms as first lady, US senator, secretary of state and two-time presidential candidate, the public still just doesn't seem to like her.

"What makes me such a lightning rod for fury? I'm really asking. I'm at a loss," she asks her readers, before concluding: "I think it's partly because I'm a woman."
    In a lengthy middle section, Clinton unpacks Russia's meddling in the election, openly wondering whether a more forceful public response from then-President Barack Obama could have changed matters.
    Her campaign, Clinton writes, was perilously vulnerable at the time, though, and Election Day was downhill after voting. She writes that as her husband was nervously "chomping on an unlit cigar," she took a nap as the results were coming in. When she awoke, the "mood in the hotel had darkened considerably."
    "Joe Biden said the Democratic Party in 2016 "did not talk about what it always stood for -- and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class,'" Clinton writes. "I find this fairly remarkable, considering that Joe himself campaigned for me all over the Midwest and talked plenty about the middle class."

Defiant Clinton looks to explain loss in new memoir

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How many copies will you order?

melock likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.