1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I promise!

dixiehack likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Honest question: How far away would they have to move to be able to afford an appropriately-sized apartment on those salaries?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You mean don't believe YF is sincere when he wants to act like Eugene Debs?

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fighting for cafeteria workers and janitors at major tech companies seems like a worthy cause for YF's ample free time.

Log off and go do some good, young man! Don't wait around for collective decisions! Fight! It's obvious you care! Like, a lot! Go! This is clearly your issue! Make it happen! Stop wasting your time schooling libs who can't be saved. Your concern is breathtaking. Go! Go! Go!

Stoney likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think his point is that business owners who want to influence political policy should pay their workers very well, even lavishly. Therefore I can't wait until he posts his payroll for all of us to see.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"DeVos called HBCUs the 'real pioneers' of school choice."

"DeVos defended meeting with ... students who claim they were wrongfully accused of sexual assault"

"The head of the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, Candice Jackson, is reportedly thinking about putting the 2011 campus sexual assault directive up for notice-and-comment, which could change Title IX rules."

"The Education Department is reportedly considering not publishing a list of colleges and universities under investigation for mishandling sexual assault claims."

I'd be surprised if public education even survived things like that.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I live in so cal, so I don't know. There are some northern californians here.

My wild ass guess - an hour to an hour and a half each way.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He really seems to care.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Someone doesn't quite understand how labor law works and the need for a collective decision. Oops, didn't meant to only quote you DQ.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, except that he's paying them EACH nearly twice the state's minimum wage. And that exceeds Facebook's own policy of paying $4.50/hour more than the state minimum wage.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Could you expand on that?

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.