1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And FB has a $15/hour floor (above minimum wage) for all workers, including contractors. Plus, these folks just voted to unionize -- unopposed by their contractor or Facebook. But somehow this month-old article from around the time of the union vote brings Zuckerberg down to DeVos' level?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don't scan this thread every 3 minutes so apologies if I'm D_B'ing this column about how Republicans aren't just terrified by of color, but also by people with vaginas:

Opinion | The Ivanka Trump Guarantee

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The greater issue, as described in this article, which focuses on Apple, is that they are contractors, who have no chance at upward mobility, don't have the same health insurance plans, and aren't alllowed to participate in things like "Take Your Child to Work Day".

They are literally treated like second class citizens.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We don't invite the building staff to the birthday cake parties in our conference room. Now I feel awful.

We should outlaw subcontracting then, right?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not allowed to participate in Take Your Child to Work Day either.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

DQ sorry I edited my post before seeing your response.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Screw Facebook. You don't understand. I want to know what the worker bees at YankeeFan Coffee Machine Repair And World Domination, Inc. get paid.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me either. But we can wear shorts to the office from Memorial Day through Labor Day - so I don't mind not bringing the kid to work or being invited to all the birthday parties in production.

(Yesterday was the saddest day of the year, when I had to dig some long pants out of the closet.)

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No. Not literally. Not figuratively. They're not treated like second-class citizens at Apple. Because they don't work for Apple.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Really?? you're going to pretend to care about the plight of the underclass while supporting Trump? With friends like you, the underclass are surely doomed based on karma alone.

You worry about their wages, yet you want to:

Build a wall against mexico
    supporting racial profiling and open violation of civil rights
    support deporting Dreamers
    support nazis in America
    support mocking the disabled
    support sexually assaulting women

If you were even paying attention to current events, you'd realize that increasing their hourly wage is one of the lowest priorities for the underclass.

Quit pretending you support the underclass, its demeaning to the underclass to have a "friend" in you.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Shit, at first I thought, "That was supposed to help?" Now I see.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.