1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Carton arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I had some limited dealings with Boomer in my last job and he was less than friendly. Carton was a pretty good dude but seemed to be on something the one time I spoke with him.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that the Feds couldn't execute a warrant before 6 a.m. I wonder if they got dispensation to go earlier knowing that he was on air at 6.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Couldn't have been a gambling winning streak.

Chef2 and Webster like this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

From someone who covers NY courts.

After releasing Carton on $500K bond secured by a house in NJ, about a half hour ago, the magistrate said, "The radio audience in the courtroom is free to move on to their other business."

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it is not terribly difficult to get a judge to authorize a warrant be served outside the daytime requirement.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How many of the guys in this picture have ever bet on baseball?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. You're the second person who I respect that likes the show. Carton is a professional jerk. A Howard Stern wannabe who is not half as clever as he thinks. Boomer brings nothing to the table. I like Jerry Recko, who seems to put up with them for the paycheck.

9. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about hockey, Boomer.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

@The Big Ragu , could you identify the name of the "Hedge Fund" in the SEC documents?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope. I have no clue who it is. It would likely be an entity that isn't that big or sophisticated, given the dollar amounts and the level of due diligence they described.

One interesting nugget was that his co-defendent was already under indictment from earlier this year for an alleged Ponzi scheme involving resale of Hamilton tickets.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, what a fucking loser this guy is.

Carton, not Ragu.

Draft saved Draft deleted