1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. Mueller is now asking to speak to WH staff that was on the flight.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm curious: What do folks here think the outcome of Mueller's investigation will be? After the dust settles, what?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Republicans in Congress send out tsk-tsk press releases and do nothing. Someone minor eats some charges.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Manafort, Junior and Flynn will stand before a judge at some point. Flynn might already be a cooperating witness. Mueller will send a report to Congress citing the President for obstruction. Congress will do nothing.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Which is why is of the utmost importance for lazy-ass democrats to run good candidates and Get Out the Fucking Vote in the midterms. In numbers large enough to overturn gerrymandering and voter suppression.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Someone will get charged. Maybe multiple people. Probably set up to take the fall.

And then Trump will repay them with pardons.

And then a bunch of Congresspeople will tweet about how concerning this is while doing nothing.

And then, everyone will forget.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think people will forget. I don't know what they'll do about it, but they won't forget.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Hopefully Kushner in regards to the digital campaign issues.

I do hope the evidence is clear cut so that people see it and believe it. (there is always the fringe, but I doesn't matter to me if they believe it or not)

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well...due process is getting trampled because these universities don't want to get sued and then have the lawsuit be played out in the media. The "collection of professors" is defaulting to trampling on due process because it's fiscally prudent.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ummmmm ... no.
    U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights April 4, 2011, Guidance Letter Reduces Due Process Protections - FIRE

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lying to the media is not a crime.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Susan Rice nods her head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.