1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Thus I can certainly see how, as no version of "liberal hoax" crossed his lips, it would be reasonable to conclude he called Irma a "liberal hoax"

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He said nothing irresponsible. You're being ridiculous and dramatic -- and dishonest.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly, and your boy Rudy was an expert practitioner himself. He was as big a political opportunist as I've ever seen.

But it would be negligent for journalists not to consider the possibility that global warming has something to do with the increased instances and severity of catastrophic weather events in recent years.

Gotta ask that question.

4. YankeeFan

Yeah, right. He exploited 9/11 to such a degree that he...?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think you mean they gotta beg that question.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here's some of that fear and panic the media is creating to advance their political agenda:

Officials are cautioning Florida residents steeled by prior hurricanes to not underestimate Irma, which Gov. Rick Scott said would be “way bigger than Andrew,” referring to the major storm that hit the state in 1992. Brock Long, the FEMA administrator, cautioned that everyone in the Southeast United States, from Alabama to North Carolina, should be monitoring the storm and making preparations.

“I can guarantee you that I don’t know anybody in Florida who’s ever experienced what’s about to hit South Florida,” Mr. Long said on Friday.

[​IMG]
    Damage in Orient Bay on the French Caribbean island of St. Martin after Hurricane Irma hit on Thursday.

Hurricane Irma Live Updates: ‘Way Bigger Than Andrew,’ Florida Governor Warns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before and after Hurricane Irma: images of Caribbean destruction

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The string of catastrophic events begs the question. Journalists need to ask it.

8. YankeeFan

Prove to me you are against campus rape.

Liberals: I'm so against campus rape that I'm willing to do away with due process rights.

I'm impressed. Prove to me that you're also anti- Nazi.

Liberals: I'm so anti- Nazi that I'm willing to strip Nazis of their First Ammendment rights, and I would also decriminalize physical assault against anyone who espouses Nazi views.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess the thing that bugs me is that the Limbaugh types think people seeking solutions on guns after school shootings just hate guns and don't want anyone to go out and hunt so they use school shootings to push for remedies. They think climate change is some big conspiracy to make everyone drive Priuses and ride bikes because some people don't want people to enjoy driving their Humvees, or earn a living at a coal mine.

The reality is people want to feel a little more comfortable when they send their kid to school and not cause unnecessary risk to the environment when there are other options available.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yesterday Rush said regardless of computer models, the NHC would not move the center of the storm off the mainland until/unless the storm itself made a dramatic move. Because they were afraid of being burned if they moved the path off the mainland, causing people to relax, and it wound up making a late shift to land at the last minute.

That's nuts. I've seen them do that lots of times. Breathed many a sigh of relief when they did.

11. YankeeFan

Wow. Mind blown.

Doing away with due process disproportionally hurts male students of color?

I might have to change my view on this.

12. YankeeFan

Yeah. It bugs me too when my political adversaries refuse to cave on major issues in the face of a crisis.

I still can't believe liberals support abortion after the Kermit Gosnell case for instance.

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.