1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Huh.

I wonder if you can figure out what the difference is between the Clinton Foundation accepting donations from Saudi Arabia, while Hillary was the Secretary of State, and the front runner to be the next president, and a NYC businessman looking to do business in Saudi Arabia.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. So, why didn't they?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't get exactly what they wanted out of the emails (aka a nothingburger) or maybe they held out the really good stuff on Fucko, in order to increase their blackmail leverage on him.

Remember, the Russians look on Fucko as a mark, a dupe, a sucker, a useful idiot, a piggy bank to be shaken again and again and again. A resource to be exploited, pumped dry and discarded.

In other words, the way Fucko looks at any of his trading partners or correspondents in any transactional activity. Such as his voters.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I denounce this, but any minute now, you'll be claiming that all liberals are in favor of sexual assault against Betsy DeVos.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No he won't, he doesn't read your post. You are responding to air.

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Typical JC. So eager to take a shot at me, you don't even care if you make sense.

First of all, he wouldn't have to read my post to try to use that Tweet against liberals. It was a comment on YF's practice of using any bad thing any liberal has ever said or done and applying it to all liberals.

Secondly, I'm posting on the topic. Just because something is a response to someone's post doesn't mean that person is the only one who can read it.

Finally, I've said this before. When posters go out of the way to brag about using the button, I believe they are still reading posts by the person they claim to be blocking. If YF wants to keep running like a coward, that's on him.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, one is going to charity- regardless of what you think- and one is going into the pocket of someone who said the money was so dirty the charity should give it back. Does not matter what you think about the charity, THE POINT IS, trump said the money was too dirty for a CHARITY but he was more than willing to keep it for himself. So understand, that is what his comment refers to --not the legitimacy of the charity, the legitimacy of the money. I repeat, just to keep you focused on the point---not the legitimacy of the charity, the legitimacy of the money-- is what he was speaking about.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe he should boycott Saudi Arabia in a protest against male supremacy?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The guy is a partner in a law firm in Texas. Can a state bar association discipline you for exercising free speech? I'm not wishing for it, but I'd be ok with it.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Lots of people will claim they'll boycott the NFL And maybe some will. Until, of course, their team plays the Cowboys during a playoff chase.

About the only kind of protest statement I buy is one in which the protester vows he won't go to a game or buy merchandise. I can believe that's sincere. But it's a far cry from outright abstinence.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'd say Texas lawyers have pretty wide latitude for what they can say.

Riptide likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not if you're (from his firm's website bio) "The quick witted, Ivy League educated lawyer with an easy going attitude and an appreciate for the arts ..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.