1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. What a unique thought by Ryan Lizza.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You probably won't think much of this one either - but you're right, it is not a unique thought to call the president a racist as that's been clear for quite a while

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Did he "attack" Curry? He basically said, "he's hesitating on coming, so invitation is withdrawn."

Our misuse of "hate", "attack" and other such words really is getting out of control.

4. YankeeFan

I'd forgotten that Robert Byrd was a ballplayer in his youth.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If my company ever really fucked up and needed a crisis communicator, I'd tell management to pay you whatever you asked for.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I'm being attacked by losers who have never even gotten laid." - If Trump were sued by nuns

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Do you think it's a coincidence he wanted to talk about "both sides" when the issue dealt with largely white males, but has taken a stance on one side when an issue deals with largely black males?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nope. Fully familiar. The nuns complained that signing a paper allowing the government to pay for their employees' birth control was violating their own religious freedom.

10. YankeeFan

(eye roll)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's funny. Once again, just because you can't ever see past your own political loyalties doesn't mean the rest of can't do it. That you claim Trump's comments don't address Kaepernick and he didn't refer to anyone as a son of a bitch once again proves how hopelessly lost you are on such matters.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of vigor today. Good for you.

My understanding and application of the First Amendment is correct. I am not "full of shit" on the subject. But thank you for your concern. And congrats on keeping the conversation so high brow.

I'm not interested in advice on a "principled take" from person of your ilk.

Good day.

BadgerBeer and JC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.