1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Please give me your take on Charlottesville, the NFL situation, and Trump, as it regards to the First Amendment, and Trump's comments.

I don't believe you could possible do so in a way that is consistent and coherent.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let's see: one group is protesting police brutality based upon their race, of which there is a long and storied history of oppression.

The other group is protesting why everyone won't continue to consider them superior to everyone else.

Both have First Amendment rights, but the president only called one side are sons of bitches and said should be fired from their jobs for their protests.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. SnarkShark

?

5. YankeeFan

When did Dana White leave the UFC?

6. YankeeFan

Yes.

They're completely different situations.

7. SnarkShark

If you don't think he has empathy for one group and not the other, and can't see how that frames his comments, I'd say you're wearing blinkers.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Alabama is spending a lot of money on this special election. It would be a shame to have to do it again."

LOL. Classic. McConnell's PAC has spent millions on ads for Luther Strange.

Kyle Whitmire (@WarOnDumb) | Twitter

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If Trump could shut the fuck up on Twitter, his handling of North Korea wouldn't be all that egregious. We are at a point where all other options have been taken off the table. There was a failure by each U.S. administration in handling North Korea since the early 1990s.This is the time to be tough and try to get China on board with handling the North Koreans once and for all. (Good luck with that, Donnie! They love us being over the barrel here!) But he's undermined it all on Twitter and with his speech to the U.N. and by being Donald Trump, who treats a crisis like it's a feud with Rosie O'Donnell or ESPN.

BadgerBeer, Riptide and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure I can. And maybe I will. It's not difficult.

But I don't particularly feel like doing your homework assignment.

And what's the point anyway? You'll just continue to twist and spin anything into a Trump defense. Failing that, you'll end up somehow laying blame on Clinton or Obama.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Going to be really interesting to see what happens during NFL games tomorrow.

The NFL has largely been silent on social issues, but that will be changing. The NBA has been a leader on allowing players to take political stands without repercussions. And those games will begin again soon.

I get the belief that sports are a way to escape from real life. And politics should be left out of it. Hell, I pretty much agree with it.

But "stick to sports" is long gone, at least for the foreseeable future.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

LeBron just called the President of the United States a bum and we're all thinking he could've gone a little bit further with his critique. The NFL just subtweeted the President of the United State in a public statement and we're like, "Eh, seems like you're sugar-coating things here."

We're now reaching the proper level of anarchy and weirdness that I enjoy in my nightmares. If we're going to crumble, let's do it in the surrealest, weirdest way possible, America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.